Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our New Apartment

Now that we have been here for over a month, we are FINALLY pretty much settled into our new apartment!  Do we have everything unpacked and put away? No.  Is the house perfectly picked up? No.  Do we feel like it is our home? Yes!  


Even though we still have some pictures to hang, some random items to find a spot for and some cleaning out still to do, it really feels like ours now.  I know I have been telling my friends and family for weeks now that we are almost done and that, "by the end of this week it will be", but I really mean it this time!  


Really, the worst of it is my office.  You can see here that it is kind of a mess!


It is partially because I haven't finished organizing, but I like to think that it is partially because of the way the office is set up.  I mean, how can you have an office with a built in shelf like I have that won't turn into a complete mess?!?! Any organizational tips would be greatly appreciated! 

If you read my post from yesterday about my Pinterest Obsession, you know how many projects I have done thanks to that website! You can see here one of those - I created labels for all of my fabric bins that I have around the house! They are super cute and have pink, purple and blue stripes on them.  The best part? They have a quatrefoil design! I just tied them onto the handle of all my bins using pink linen cord.  

The living area is probably our most finished part of the house.  With Jangles, it is has been hard to get organized in rooms that we don't want him in until we have everything put away.  He demands a lot of attention!  Since the living area is where all his toys are, it was easy to keep him distracted while we put things away.  Here's a view of the front door area: 

On the left, you can see the entrance to my office.  

One of the features that we like best about our apartment is the balcony!  We really missed having a space like that in NYC.  As you can see, Jangles loves it too! It's one of his favorite places to be in the morning:

Here's the view from our balcony:

The other very well used area is our kitchen.  It is a little messy at the moment, but that's just life! 


I'll be glad to finally have everything put away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment